Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions help to keep this website a safe place to
trade and set out the full extent of any agreement reached between you
and John Halifax Limited in connection with this site. You should
understand that by placing an order, you accept agree the following
terms and conditions:
1. John Halifax Ltd
Company reg no: 5127725
VAT no: 841 1787 25
2. Your payment for purchases made on this web site are handled by
PayPal, and you undertake that any and all goods ordered by you are for
your own private and domestic use only.
3. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
4. No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and
John Halifax Ltd unless and until John Halifax Ltd accepts your order
by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for
all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete
and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively
communicated to you at the time John Halifax Ltd sends the e-mail to you
(whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail
amounts to an acceptance by John Halifax Ltd of your offer to buy goods
from John Halifax Ltd.
5. This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
6. The confirmatory e-mail will also contain a link to these terms and
conditions which may be amended in accordance with paragraph 28 below
from time to time.
7. You must check that the details on the confirmatory e-mail are
correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of
8. John Halifax Ltd will not pass on your personal or credit or debit card details to any third party.
9. You undertake that all details you provide to John Halifax Ltd for
the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct,
that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there
are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
10. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your
responsibility to inform John Halifax Ltd as soon as possible.
11. Your statutory rights are not affected (in particular see below as
to your rights to withdraw from the contract) but otherwise all
purchases are subject our refund and exchange policy.
13.Once we receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from
the contract (in accordance with these terms) any sum debited to John
Halifax Ltd from your credit card in relation to your order will be
re-credited to that credit card account (please allow 14 days) and in
any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish
to return are received by John Halifax Ltd in the condition that they
were in when sent to you.
14. This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law.
15. John Halifax Ltd does not accept liability (except as set out
below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change
information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products
16. John Halifax Ltd will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
17. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, John Halifax Ltd IS
PROVIDING THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND MAKES
NO (AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL) REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY
KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR THE
INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS SITE
INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN ADDITION, John Halifax Ltd DOES NOT
REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS WEB SITE
IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
18. In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what
you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different
quantity to that stated on your order form, John Halifax Ltd shall, at
its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or
repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you
paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify John Halifax Ltd
of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation
e-mail within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS
CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
19. John Halifax Ltd do not accept liability for any indirect loss,
consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of
damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out
of the use of the John Halifax Ltd website or for any products or
services purchased from it.
20. John Halifax Ltd will only be liable for direct loss up to a
maximum total of the price of the product or service purchased in
respect of any claim.
21. Credit and Debit cards are debited before items are shipped by John
Halifax Ltd. All prices include sales taxes unless otherwise stated,
and a charge for shipping will be added where applicable.
22. Every purchase you make shall be deemed performed in the UK. UK law
shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases
made from this web site.
23. John Halifax Ltd aim to arrange shipment of all in stock items
within 48 hours (Mon - Fri and excluding Public Holidays) of receiving
your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock and
will be placed on back order. If this is the case we will notify you so
that you have the option of refund if you would rather not wait
24. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and
stated in the Order Confirmation. If several items are ordered and some
are not in stock, those available will be sent and the remainder placed
on back order as mentioned in para 23.
25. Title to any product ordered will pass to you once John Halifax Ltd has received payment in full for that product.
26. If your delivery address is outside of UK, John Halifax Ltd, will
ship your order according to our European shipping schedule.
27. It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to
order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order
will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. John Halifax Ltd
tracks the electronic 'fingerprints' of every order placed on John
Halifax Ltd to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and
prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal
activities on our website.
28. John Halifax Ltd may amend these terms and conditions from time to
time, and place the new version on the website. When John Halifax Ltd do
so, John Halifax Ltd will mention the fact on the home page. All
purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website
onwards will be governed by those new terms.
29. These terms and conditions shall apply when John Halifax Ltd
accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has received payment in
full for all the goods you have ordered. They shall supersede any and
all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or
representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your
purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement
between John Halifax Ltd and you relating to your purchase. John Halifax
Ltd advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and
conditions once your order has been accepted by John Halifax Ltd.
30. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) all information on this website fully.
31. If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, those terms will be struck out and the other terms remain.
32. These terms and conditions are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom